- This Rental Agreement and Contract (the “Agreement”) is a legally binding agreement made and entered into as of the Reservation Date written below by and between the undersigned person(s) or company (the “Guest”) and the undersigned owner, manager or agent (“Rental Agent”), pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the residence described below (the “Property”), for the duration of the Rental Term for the Total Rental Fee and other good and valuable consideration as described herein. This agreement also applies to any other dates which may be included if the reservation is changed.
This Agreement applies to all members of the Guest’s party no matter the age or affiliation. Guest acknowledges that Guest is responsible for sharing the renter agreement, and its requirements, with all members of the Guest’s party and anyone else permitted onto the Rental Property by the Guest.
In consideration of the rent received and the mutual promises contained herein, Owner of the Rental Property does hereby lease and rent to Guest(s) such Rental Property under the following terms and conditions:
1. I give permission to SafelyStay, Inc., to verify my identity, and check criminal databases in order to confirm my reservation. Complete terms regarding Safely’s guest verification can be found at www.safely.com/terms. Please contact Safely at Concierge@Safely.com, or go to www.Safely.com, if you have any questions.
- Guest agrees to abide by all rules and regulations contained herein or posted on the premises related to the Rental Property. Guests obligations include but are not limited to keeping the premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the premises permit and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common area and remainder of the premises that Guest uses. Guests agree not to use the premises for any commercial activities or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Guest’s breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material and shall result in the termination of guest occupancy with no refund of any kind.
- GUEST RESERVATION: The number of guests at the Property is limited to the number of guests submitted on the booking. The names of all guests must be provided to the owner. If there are more guests at the Property than what is set forth in the agreement, Owner may immediately terminate this Agreement and retain all funds paid. Owner also reserves the right to charge an additional guest fee of $100 per guest per night for each guest above the agreed upon number. All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. A valid governmental issued photo identification must be provided prior to confirmation of this Agreement. This Agreement is binding on all guests at the Property whether or not a signatory to this Agreement. Guest shall inform and provide members of his/her party with a copy of this Agreement prior to Check In.
- In no event shall the Rental Property be occupied by more persons than the capacity of the property (18) as stated on the web site or the confirmation letter, without prior approval by Owner. No fraternities, school, civic, or other non-family groups are allowed unless Owner grants prior approval. In no event shall Guests assign or sublet the Rental Property in whole or in part. Violations of these rules are grounds for expedited eviction with no refund of any kind.
- Guests hereby acknowledge and grant specific permission to Owner to enter premises at any time for inspection purposes should Owner reasonably believe that Guests are causing or have caused any damage to Rental Property. Guest further agrees to grant Owner access to Rental Property for purposes of maintenance and repair.
- ABSOLUTELY NO EVENTS OR PARTIES! A $500 fine will be assessed for any guest found to be hosting an unauthorized event or party on the premises. This agreement will also be terminated immediately without a refund and guests will be required to leave the premises immediately. An unauthorized party or event is one in which the guest has not received owner permission to hold and/or one in which guests not on the booking are on the property premises.
- CLEANING: The Property is to be delivered to Guest in a professionally cleaned condition. Guest is required to check the Property for cleanliness and report any issues to Owner within three (3) hours of check-in; failure to report within such time period shall be deemed an acceptance of the Property’s cleanliness condition. Guest acknowledges that there will be no refund, in whole or in part, as a result of the Guest’s perception of cleanliness. Owner is not responsible for Guest’s personal perception or standards of cleanliness. Upon termination of this Agreement, Guest will deliver the Property in a reasonably clean condition which shall include the following: (i) all dishes are to be placed in the dishwasher; (ii) all food shall be removed from the refrigerator and discarded into the trash bins; (iii) the air conditioning shall be placed on 78 degrees Fahrenheit; and (iv) trash shall be placed in trash bins. Beds and towels may be left in their used condition.
- In the event Guest wishes to terminate this agreement, Travel Insurance, Damage Protection and any processing or administrative fees are non-refundable. The refund policy is as follows: Full refund of the 50% deposit paid at booking will be refunded upon cancellation until 61 days prior to the arrival date. After 61 days prior to arrival, no refunds.
- A payment of 50% of the booking is taken by Owner at the time of the booking. Any remaining balance must be paid 60 days prior to the arrival date, or this Agreement may be canceled by the sole option of the Owner. If the second payment fails for any reason, it is the responsibility of the Guest to make sure that the remaining balance is promptly paid in full, or the reservation will be canceled with no refund of payments made. All policies contained in this Agreement shall apply equally to payments made by credit card, check or cash and whether made via website, by phone or in person. Any refunds due to Guests from a credit card payment will be refunded by credit card transaction; all other refunds will be made within 30 days by check.
- A security deposit is required (“Security Deposit”) and will be automatically reserved for the booking. Guest is required to provide the owner with a credit card for the deposit. The automatic reserve is conducted by putting a hold or charge on the Guest’s credit card for the amount of $500 exactly 3 day(s) prior to the arrival date. If, at the end of the rental period, the rental property is returned undamaged beyond normal wear and tear, the Security Deposit will be released in full within (3) business days. In the event of any damages, Owner will provide Guest with a full accounting of expenses incurred and deductions made from the Security Deposit. Should the damages exceed the amount of the Security Deposit, Guest agrees to pay the balance within five (5) business days after receiving notification. Deductions from Security Deposit may include, but are not limited to: excess cleaning fee, hot tub draining and refilling fee, trash removal fee, missing item replacement costs, damaged item replacement or repair costs, repair costs of buildings or grounds, or other service call fees. Owner is under no obligation to use the least expensive means of restoration.
- Regular payments and security deposits for the booking will be displayed as dreamstaystr on the Guest’s credit card statement.
- Guests must obtain permission from the Owner to have pets on the Rental Property. If permission is not given by the Owner, any pet(s) found in or about the Rental Property will be grounds for expedited eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid. In addition, a $475 cleaning fee will be charged, as well as a $200 per day fine for the unauthorized pet.
- SMOKING: Smoking and vaping are not permitted inside the Property at any time. Guests shall not tamper with the smoke detectors at any time. In the event a smoke detector is not operating, Guest shall immediately notify Owner. If smoking on the property occurs, guest will be responsible for all cleaning fees necessary to remove odors and stains from the house.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY AND INJURY: Guest and their personal belongings, including vehicles, are not insured by Owner against loss or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, acts of god, water damage, or other causes. Owner does not insure against personal injury to Guest or their invitees/licensees. Owner is not responsible for any accident, injury or illness that occurs while on the Property. Upon arriving at the Property, Guest shall immediately inspect the Property for any dangerous conditions and notify the Owner in writing of any potential hazards within three (3) hours of arrival. Guest shall hold harmless, indemnify, and defend Owner from all loss, damage and claims as a result of misuse, abuse or neglect of the Property.
- Guests must inform the Owner of their intention to bring children and the specific number. A child is defined as any person under the age of 18.
- No refunds will be provided due to inoperable appliances, pools, hot tubs, elevators, etc. The Owner will make every reasonable effort to assure that such appliances will be and remain in good working order. No refunds will be given due to power blackouts, water shortage, flooding, snow, construction at adjacent properties, or mandatory evacuations of the area by county officials due to hurricanes or other potentially dangerous situations arising from acts of god or nature. TRAVEL INSURANCE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- Telephones in the Rental Property may be blocked to allow local calls only. Guest may need a calling card in order to make long distance calls from the Rental Property. The Owner may choose at the Owner’s sole discretion to allow long distance telephone calls to be made for free. If the Owner has not clearly listed that as a feature of the Rental Property on the website, confirmation letter or marketing material, Guest must assume that long distance telephone calls are not allowed.
- Guest is responsible for all shipping costs for any Lost and Found items that Owner is requested to return to Guest. Items found and not claimed within 30 days will be disposed of at the discretion of Owner.
- If a hot tub or pool is provided at the Rental Property, it will be prepared and tested for proper and safe chemicals prior to or on the day of occupancy. Misuse of a hot tub or pool by the spilling of foreign substances into the pool, i.e. soap, shampoo, oils, glass or metal will result in a Service Call Charge at the sole discretion of Owner. Under no circumstances are pets allowed in pools or hot tubs. Violation of this provision shall be grounds for expedited eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid.
- POOL: In the event the Property has a pool and/or hot tub/spa (collectively “Pool”), Guest acknowledges that said amenities present dangers to life and limb. All minor guests using the Pool shall be accompanied by an adult. Guests are not to consume alcohol or use glass bottles while in the Pool or on Pool deck. Guest shall keep all doors and windows closed to prevent minors from entering the Pool. Guest acknowledges that the Pool has a removable safety net/fence and that Guest is solely responsible for supervising all guests using the Pool. Guest agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Owner from all claims for injury or damage regarding the use of the Pool.
- In the event Owner is unable to make Rental Property available for any reason other than described above or a reasonable substitute as determined by Owner, Guest agrees that Owner’s sole liability as a result of this unavailability is to provide a full refund of all monies paid under this Agreement and Guest expressly acknowledges that in no event shall Owner be held liable for any special or consequential damages which result from this unavailability.
- Guest also agrees to indemnify Owner from and against liability for injury or death to Guest or any other person occupying Rental Property resulting from any cause whatsoever including, but not limited to, injury sustained as a result of use of the bunk bed, phone, spa, hot tub, sauna, whirlpool tub, pool, exercise equipment, etc. except only such a personal injury caused by the gross negligence or intentional acts of the Owner.
- Owner may terminate this Agreement upon the breach of any of the terms hereof by Guest. Guest shall not be entitled to the return of any rental monies paid under the terms of this Agreement and shall vacate the Property immediately.
- This Agreement shall be enforced under the laws of the state within which the Rental Property is located, including any applicable rental acts of that state, and represents the entire Agreement. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. In the event of a dispute, legal action may only be instituted in the county within which the Rental Property is located. If any part of this Agreement shall be deemed unenforceable by law, that part shall be omitted from this Agreement without affecting the remaining Agreement.
- The Rental Property may offer access to recreational and water activities, including but not limited to canoes, bicycles, and swimming. Guest fully understands and acknowledges that outdoor recreational and water activities have inherent risks, dangers and hazards. Participation in such activities and/or use of equipment may result in injury or illness including, but not limited to bodily injury, disease, strains, fractures, partial and/or total paralysis, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability. Guest agrees to fully indemnify and hold harmless the Owner and any and all agents, employees, or contractors for any injury or damage caused by these activities, whether caused by the negligence of the Owners, the negligence of the participants, the negligence of others, accidents, breaches of contract, the forces of nature or other causes foreseeable or unforeseeable. Guest hereby assume all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the Owners or by any other person. Guest hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Owner and any and all agents, employees, or contractors from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of my use of Rental Property facilities, equipment, or activities. Guest further assumes full responsibility for the actions of any and all persons whom he may allow to enter the property during the rental period and indemnifies Owner from any and all claims arising from such other persons.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual agreements and covenants herein contained, Guest has read and agreed to the following:
I understand the rules and rental conditions upon which I am agreeing to rent accommodations, equipment, and use of the property. I acknowledge and accept that the sole responsibility for safety lies with the participant. In agreeing to this, I acknowledge that outdoor activities and exposure to the natural elements and animals can be dangerous and sometimes result in injury and even death. Steps and decks can be slippery, animals and insects can threaten and infect or injure, exposure to the elements can cause hypothermia, sunburn, among other risks inherent in participating in camping, outdoor and water activities. I know that alcohol and/or drugs do not mix safely with any outdoor activity.
I am over the age of 18 and assume responsibility for those in my charge under the age of 18. I hereby assume all legal responsibility for bodily injury to me or to any person on the property as a result of my visit and use, operation or possession of equipment hired or loaned to me. Acknowledging this, I accept complete responsibility for the minor children and myself in my charge and visit the property and equipment and engage in activities or events at my own risk.
I will abide by the rules and accept these rental conditions:
- The property I rent will be returned in the same condition in which it was rented and I will be responsible for all damage and/or loss that occurs during my rental period.
- I agree to hold harmless and to indemnify the Owner of the Rental Property against all loss, damage, expense and penalty on account of personal injury or property damage to the rental dwellers, the undersigned or to any minor child or children in the charge of the undersigned, howsoever arising, whether by act or acts or failure to act of the employees, owners or animals of the said company or property owners or not.
- I acknowledge receipt of the property in good order and condition (if found otherwise per my arrival I will contact Owner immediately) and further agree that the Owner of the Rental Property shall not be liable for consequential damages of any kind or nature from whatever cause arising, whether property or equipment is loaned or rented.
- I enter into agreement freely with the Owner of the Rental Property at my own risk, acknowledging the risks inherent in indoor and outdoor activities and assume any and all responsibility for the minor children and myself in my charge.
- All parties agree to and will comply with Federal, State and County pollution laws and any other applicable laws and regulations.
- I understand that the cancellation policy for this booking is strict. This means that Guests receive:
A full refund of their 50% deposit if they cancel at least 61 days before check-in. After that date, no refunds.